cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its possible create SAP notes?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about SAP notes, if I generate Cofiles and Data from a request, could I generate a note.sar file to apply in a SAP system?

if so, how can I create a note?

if not, is there some way that create a note to apply in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @caio_dh_consultig,

I believe what you are looking for is a way to deliver your software to SAP customers in such a way that they would be able to install it with ease. 

SAP Notes contain attachments and are created by SAP only (as mentioned here already) as means to distribute software corrections that can be applied via SNOTE transaction. 

However, you can use Add-on Assembly Kit (AAK) to create your own software and distribute to customer so they can easily install and uninstall it from their SAP instances using standard Add-On Component Management transactions such as SAINT:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ADD-ON_ASSEMBLY_KIT

That approach is the correct way to distribute any ABAP code to customers as it clearly demands your code to have a namespace defined and standard and known procedures to get it installed/uninstalled.  And, in order to achieve this, you ought to certify your add-on with SAP. This is all explained on the documentation I linked here.

Some Consulting Firms will grab a Transport Request directly from the filesystem and send it to a customer to be imported into their own system. That should be OK as long as the customer understands that the ABAP code contained in that TR will have no relation to SAP and it is considered on "Customer's Domain" - usually assigned to a 'Z' or 'Y' namespace that cannot be traced back to who originally code it.

Best regards,
Ivan

thank you for suggestion, you are right, i want easier the software Implementation process. i will study this alternative.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Only SAP (and some partners) can provide SAP notes 

You can create a SAR file with command sapcar -cvf, look at blogs such as Transporting ABAP Objects from one Landscape to Another, and send it to customers.

0 Kudos
I'm sorry to insist, but this notes will not edit standard reports, they will create z products.
mamartins
Active Contributor

SAP notes are only provided by SAP.

If you need to make changes or corrections, you have the TMS functionality (create order, release and then import).

If you need to transport the correction for other systems not belonging to the TMS, you need to copy the DATA and COFILE files to the same folders on SYSTEM destination and then add them to the queue.