cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations for ABAP CDS Views in Enterprise Search

former_member185932
Participant
0 Kudos

Is anyone aware of a document from SAP detailing the limitations when using ABAP CDS Views with Enterprise Search (BC-EIM-ESH)? This may be a SAP Help link, SAP Note KBA or FAQ.

From my experience the Enterprise Search CDS activation fails (program ESH_CDSABAP_ACTIVATION) if one of the searchable fields is an expression (e.g. CAST, CONCAT etc) or if a UNION is used to combine the results from multiple tables. It would be good to know the exact limitations and whether these limitations are permanent or if improvements are made across versions (e.g. from SAP HANA 1.0 to 2.0).

I am working on S/4 HANA 1610 with HANA 1.0 SP12.

Regards, JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185932
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Note 2506654 introduces message number 053 in message class ESH_SQL_SEARCH for ABAP release 752 which contains the following long text:

"There are some limitations by searching with Enterprise Search in CDS views. The limitations are not caused by Enterprise Search itself, but rather by SAP HANA. The join engine is very restrictive regarding allowed SQL operations. Examples: - Operations like CASE, CAST, and UNION ALL... are not supported and will break the search." (the highlighting is mine)

It would still be helpful to have an exact list from SAP of which SQL operations are restricted.