cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Redelivery Count and Dead Message Queue

mig1
Participant

When using the UI for Enterprise Messaging, requests are made to the queues endpoint where each queue have the properties maxRedeliveryCount and deadMsgQueue. How can these be configured?

I need them for my webhook subscriptions to not block the queue whenever there are messages that can't be handled. My webhooks are configured with QoS = 1.

GET https://<host>.enterprise-messaging.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/clients/queues  

{
    "name": "em/sap/ecc/queue-equipments",
    "messageCount": 1873,
    "queueSizeInBytes": 623139,
    "unacknowledgedMessageCount": 4,
    "maxQueueSizeInBytes": 1572864000,
    "accessType": "EXCLUSIVE",
    "maxDeliveredUnackedMsgsPerFlow": 10000,
    "maxMessageSizeInBytes": 10000000,
    "respectTtl": false,
    "maxRedeliveryCount": 0,
    "maxTtl": 0,
    "deadMsgQueue": null
  }
mig1
Participant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tejesvi_dvr
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Mikael,

you an use maxRedeliveryCount and deadMsgQueue set these properties while creating/updating a queue.

{"maxRedeliveryCount": 1,"deadMsgQueue": "DMQ"}

by default the value will be zero for maxRedeliveryCount and deadMsgQueue will be null.

Note: By default, each Queue is assigned a Default deadMsgQueue which does not exists. User must create a deadMsgQueue and assign it to the Actual Queue. when TTL expires for a message or the Number of redelivery attempts for a message exceeds the Max Redelivery value the messages instead of getting discarded can be moved to DMQ.

we are yet to update the documentation for these properties.

Regards,

Tejesvi

mig1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! These are the ones I tried to set as well but the behaviour was not fully as expected for a queue with a webhook subscription.

Looking forward to the documentation!