cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of MS SQL 2016 Failover Cluster DB to AAG with DR setup.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Currently, our SAP(ERP & NW Systems) instance running on Windows Failover Cluster with MS SQL 2016, we want to migrate the database to MS SQL 2016 AAG, Could you share the high-level steps which we need to follow migration activities.

Regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

riccardo_cola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,
You are welcome.

Yes, since SAP ERP is based on SAP NetWeaver, note 1772688 applies also to SAP ERP systems running on Microsoft Windows Server OS/SQL Server DB.

Beside note 1772688, for more information, I suggest you check also the SAP Help Portal reference "Database High-Availability with SQL Server Always On"

"Installation of SAP Systems Based on the Application Server ABAP of SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 to 7.52 : MS SQL Server"

https://help.sap.com/viewer/c22d9ecc82ca4ab591a91942fe5c0020/CURRENT_VERSION/en-US/483523b4fd7c43399...

Regards,
Riccardo

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo

Thanks for your information, we will try and then I will update status.

Regards

SS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo

One more query, After completion of SAP on AAG, we can start building the DR in the second DB? we have configure the Windows Failover cluster along with AAG, after that using the SWPM we can start the DR instacne?

Regards

SS

riccardo_cola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend you follow the instructions indicated in SAP note 1772688 :
1772688 - SQL Server Always On Availability Groups and SAP NetWeaver based applications

Regards,
Riccardo

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo

Thanks for your valuable support and I have a few questions

1. SAP Note 1772688 tell about the SAP Netweaver product it is appliable for SAP ERP systems? or ERP is part of NW we have to consider in that level?

2. We have already installed the SAP system on the Windows Failover cluster with DB MS SQL 2016, how do we have to set up the existing system to SAP on AAG? just any ideas?

Regards

SS