cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple HDI containers in CAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use multiple hdi containers of the same hana instance in cap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I d like to understand if it is possible to use separate hdi containers of the same hana cloud intance for each profile (e.g. development, production). Files .cdsrc-pricate.json and default-env.json have org/space/instance/key in the db binding (per profile) but I can only see container data (hdi_user etc.) in the credentials.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

it's possible to share SAP HANA Cloud via multiple Subaccounts. But I would suggest to at least get a separate HANA Cloud for production as then you can also do full backup and restore of Dev / QA and not influence Production.

Best Regards
Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

A valid point, however, due to budgetary constraints (if we understand pricing correctly), we decided to look for alternatives. Not sure I understand how sharing HANA between subaccounts can solve it, since the config in deafult-env.json and .cdsrc-private.json accepts only the instance name.

Best,

Tim

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need default-env.json or ..cdsrc-private.json for the deployed app. It gets the connection injected via the environment variable VCAP_SERVICES. default-env.json or ..cdsrc-private.json should never be deployed or check into a Git repository. Only use them during local development when you want to connect to a specific service.

martinstenzig
Contributor
0 Kudos

efthymios.douvis I think you need to be more specific in what you are trying to do. I do not think CAP has any standard Annotation that allows you to specify the target HDI container for an entity.

I would be careful with adding a second HDI container binding to your CAP service as I don't know how CAP internally determines the HANA binding... there would be a 50/50 chance that it ends up with a different one than the one you deployed your DB content to.

I separated out a "database wrapper" into another CAP service and then use a MTA based destination reference between the two to tie CAP Synchronization service with HDI container one to CAP Database Services with HDI container 2.