cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multitenant tutorial Kyma deploy

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/deploy-multitenant-app-kyma.html
--------------------------

Hello experts!

I've deployed the multitenant app (router, backend, and services) on Kyma using the BTP trial account without any problems. However, as I've got a new BTP free tier account, I cannot deploy the same backend app part of the application on the new environment. The only changes I've made to the project were the subdomain/cluster configuration and increased memory limits. However, after these modifications, I get the following error message on the new environment:

Setting Active Processor Count to 4<br>Calculated JVM Memory Configuration: -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=10M -Xmx175821K -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=62178K -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=240M -Xss1M (Total Memory: 750000K, Thread Count: 250, Loaded Class Count: 8564, Headroom: 0%)<br>Enabling Java Native Memory Tracking<br>Adding 127 container CA certificates to JVM truststore<br>/usr/bin/env: 'node': No such file or directory

I feel like this is a silly error, however, I cannot pass this point. Please advise. Any ideas are very welcome.

Thank you.

gabbi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rafel,

The error does not seem to be related to domain changes. It seems to be the case something changed in docker image. Did you use the same docker image without rebuilding it?

Best regards,

Gaurav

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I rebuilt the image before deploying. I've just used the same project, adjusted domains, and redid all the steps before the deployment.

I'll try to rebuild the docker image again, on another computer. I think that maybe I have a problem with pack or paketo. I'm not completely sure because I have not mastered the tools yet.

Any other recommendations?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gabbi ,

I found the issue. It was not the domain change like you said, it was a problem with the docker image. For some reason the image was invalid and I could not run it even locally on Docker. I deleted the image locally and in the Hub, and then I recreated the image again, on a different computer.

Maybe I've run the command in the wrong folder or maybe the image creation failed and I did not notice, but after I recreated the image the problem was gone. So if someone arrives at this error like me, please check these possible errors. I do not think you need to create the image on a new computer, however changing the "imagePullPolicy" in the deployment to "Always" maybe is a good idea.

Thank you for your help and attention gabbi. I'll close this question.

PS: I enjoyed your sessions on Devtoberfest a lot gabbi ! I learned a lot. Thank you again.

Answers (0)