cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Script to get the Last succeful run date and store it in variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to persist the last successful run date of an interface in a data store to be used for the next run.

However, how can I do this?

Do I 'write variable' or do I 'Data Store -> Write'?

Also, how can I get this value and output it in content modifier or use it in channels?

edit: also, how can I persist a value that I computed in a groovy script?

I have developed the iflow as follows

writevariable-->Content modifier-->Now I need script(

as we can't directly manipulate the date in channel, instead we have to do the manipulation in script and save that date into a property or header and later use it in communication channel).Please help me on this

Regards

Giridhar Vegi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor

Hello Giridhar,

Adding to Morten's reply below is the script which works fine ( not added much validation ) with small building blocks.

def Message processData(Message message) {

def pMap = message.getProperties();

DateFormat dateFormat= new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd");
	Date date = new Date();

//Pull the data stored in Write Variable as Property
	def lastRunDate = pMap.get("P_LastRunDate");
	StringBuffer stb_lastRunDate = new StringBuffer();

//Form the Filter part of your SF query
	stb_lastRunDate.append("effective_end_date = to_date('" + lastRunDate + "') ");

def val = stb_lastRunDate.toString();

// Append the QueryFilter in your communication channel query details
	message.setProperty("QueryFilter",val);

return message;
}

Regards,

Sriprasad Shivaram Bhat

MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi Santosh

Regarding variables vs data stores, variables are for single values, whereas data stores are for storing complete messages. So a variable is definitely the right choice for you.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot access variables in a script. You can, however, use a Content Modifier step to store the variable's value in a property, which you can then access in a script. Specifically, create a property of type "Local Variable" (or "Global Variable", as appropriate), like this:

In your script, you can now access the variable's value as follows:

def varValue = message.getProperty('VariableProperty')

The reverse is also possible, i.e. setting a property in a script, and then creating a variable based on that property in the Write Variables step. To do that, create a variable of type "Property", and enter the name of the property in the "Value" field, like this:

Regards,

Morten