Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User SAP Analytics Cloud can not login

eric2357
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a new User in the SAC, but the login does not work. After the new user enters his mail and password, the SAC says "It seems like you dont have an active account" (originally in German: "Sie scheinen nicht über ein aktives Konto zu verfügen").

At the user table (Security > Users), the new user is displayed as the other users, just with the little hourglass symbol at the SAML USER MAPPING column, because the new user has not logged in yet.

Do you have any ideas, why this does not work? It worked in the past and we have enough licences.

Kind regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also you mentioned you are using SAML User Mapping, if you have a custom IDP it is important that the lowercase / uppercase matches. See https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2656152 for more details.

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does the user login ID have any capitals or other non alpha-numeric characters?

I think there have been issues before regarding this. Please make sure that the logon ID is all lowercase characters and make sure that the user is entering it in the same way when they log in.

Regards,

Peter

eric2357
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thank you for your two messages!

It is still not working. When I try to login with the new user, I did it with the Mail (instead of the login ID), in this case I receive the error that I described in my question ("It seems like you dont have an active account").

If I try to login with my Username (in lowercase oder uppercase), I receive this error: ("we could not authenticate you. Please try again") This is the same error as when I enter the wrong pw.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Kind regards,

Eric

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't have any other suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening. If you can't get the issue resolved please open a support case and we will investigate further.

Regards,

Peter

eric2357
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

could you explain to me where I can open a support case? I did not manage to find that option.

And I wanted to add, that the new user does not receive a mail, in which he is asked to activate his account (and fill in his first name, last name, mail, and set up a password, like it is shown in the SAP Youtube video "How to Log In and Set Up Your Profile: SAP Analytics Cloud").

Instead, he receives a mail with a link to the normal login page (where he only has to enter his mail and password, and as he has not yet set up a password, he has to press "request new password").

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,

Eric

former_member833914
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Just a hint, could you make user active. There is a new concept in SAC where we can make Active/De active user. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Khaja.

eric2357
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

thank you for your fast response! The user is active. And deactivate and activate him again changes nothing, sadly.

Kind regards,

Eric