Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oData in Soft State with $batch requests does not work

rpalotai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have set up soft state for our oData service based on andre.fischer's excellent blogpost:

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/10/14/how-to-use-soft-state-support-for-odata-services/

For direct Entity calls for GetEntitySet in GET HTTP method it works nicely, so the first run takes 15sec, and the next ones are quick as lightning.

But when we use the same Entity form a smart filterbar the UI sends GetEntitySet query in a $batch requests under POST HTTP method. Within the batch request the GetEntitySet query has GET HTTP method.

For every each $batch request a new ABAP session has been created, we could see it in SM04 transaction at the Gateway. While in the first case (direct GET request to the Entity) we could clearly see that only one ABAP session has been used.

Is Soft State is not supported for $batch request at all? I have not found any documentation on this yet.

Or there are some "tricks" we need to implement in order to make Soft State mode for the oData service work.

Many thanks for kind help.

Br

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

in principle $batch should work with Softstate.

Are you using a Fiori Elements based app or is it a custom built app with smart controls?
I would like to reproduce the issue you described.

Have you opened a ticket? If yes can you please send me the ticket number directly in a message or via email?

Kind regards,

Andre

rpalotai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

We are building a custom built app on an ECC (SAP_BASIS 7.40 SP28) as backend and a separate NW (SAP_BASIS 7.52 SP12) as Fiori GW.

I've asked the client to give me proper authorization to open the ticket, so I need a couple of days to create it. I'll let you know.

Br

Richard