Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA Service based on complex / composite CDS view with Delta change capture

ylazrak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm new on CDS.

I have a customer requirement; I need to create an ODATA service with delta change capture capability enabled over an complex / composite CDS view, the odata service will be consumed by CPI.

The CDS structure:

MATDELTA_ROOT to get the information of the GENERIC ITEM (MARA table)

MATDELTA_VRNT to get the information of the VARIANT ITEM (MARA table) (as association on MATDELTA_ROOT)

MATDELTA_EAN to get the information ITEM regarding EAN11 (MEAN table) (as association on MATDELTA_VRNT)

MARADELTA_SORG to get information of ITEM regarding sales organisation (A073 & KONP tables) (as association on MATDELTA_ROOT)

MARADELTA_HRCH to get information of ITEM regarding hierarchy (wrf_matgrp_PROD & wrf_matgrp_md7) (as association on MATDELTA_ROOT)

DDL of CDS attached.

My issue, after generating the ODATA service by reference ODP and selecting ABAP Core data service as ODP context.

1) I'm not able to call service for an entity

2) When call the entity ROOT, I'm not getting the link to the association (variant for example)

zddl-matdelta-ean.txtzddl-matdelta-root.txtzddl-matdelta-salesorg.txtzddl-matdelta-hierarchy.txtzddl-matdelta-vrnt.txt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

regarding the "RFC destination" error... have you checked the log in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG?

I assume this is Gateway related, not OData Service related.

Maybe you can check with Basis team if the Gateway works fine... do other OData Services work properly?

Regarding the Coding. Have you already tried only one, the simplest CDS view? I'm no expert either, but often it helps to start small... get the easiest thing running and then getting more complex.

Last idea: You can check this CDS view: I_DataExtractionEnabledView

It reflects all Delta-enabled SAP Standard CDS views... maybe you find one with which you can compare your logic, or maybe you can copy & enhance one with your requirements.

Hope it helps.

BR, Martin