Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound from SLP to S4

i021548
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi team, one customer, reported a behaviour in the outbound from SLP to S4 that I would like to double check. Problem is with the Payment method field. The method use by CIG in the outbound flow is method MAP_DZWELS_IN (). it expects the IV_EXT_PAYMENT_METHODS_CODE and IV_COMPANY_CODE for the mapping, If you do not pass this for the integration case, then the payload will fail on s/4. So, the payment method that is not mandatory in SLP neither S4 master data comes mandatory due to the integration method that is used for make the integration happen. It makes no sense at all to populate the payment method at this level. So question is, is it possible to use another method instead of this one that allow customer to avoid inform the field?

thanks very much

Yolanda Prada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i021548
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks Yayati for your response.

Customer opened a ticket at SAP but answer was that method is calling the function module for which payment method is mandatory. If using other method in the integration would be possible, maybe it could solve problem. How to check if other method is available for same purpose (SLP and S4 integration)?.

Regards,

Yolanda

YayatiEkbote
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yolanda,

This issue is not particular to Ariba SLP, these methods are part of MDG DRF framework. Ariba is just reusing the services which are part of MDG component. So any other software utilizing this interface service will face this issue.

First check in SPROXY if the definition of BusinessPartnerBULKSuiteReplicate_In has made the field mandatory. If definition mandates, then we can't do anything. May be you can raise OSS to SAP.

But if definition doesn't mandate, then, for this case, there is a concept called SMT(Service Mapping Tool) in DRF. I think you will have to edit the mapping and provide alternative method probably.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yayati Ekbote