Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF! command behaves differently in different machines

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue which I have not been able to resolve by various troubleshooting steps.

Requirement: I need to download a generated invoice.

Steps that I take:

1. VF03->Enter Billing invoice number-> Issue Output To ->Select the PDF format->Select Print Preview.

2. After opening the Print Preview window, I type and execute command: PDF!

3. With this command, the invoice gets downloaded as a PDF in C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Temp folder.

Issue:

This method is perfectly fine in most machines, however, in a few machines, on executing PDF!, the PDF does not get saved anywhere, instead is displayed on the Print Preview popup screen.

I have compared the SAP GUI settings, Adobe Acrobat settings and IE settings, of the machines and they all look consistent.

Could you please help in guiding me to other avenues where I can check to see possible issues.

PS: I have already ruled out user id and logged in SAP system issue. Issue is replicable using the same user id and for the same invoice.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peng_wen
Active Participant

Hi Rohit,

Please check the Add-on setting in IE, IE-> Tools(Alt+X)-> Manage Add-ons-> Show: All add-ons.

If Adobe PDF Reader is enabled, PDF will be displayed inside of SAPGUI.

Best Regards,
Peng

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peng,

Thanks for your response.

The Adobe add-on is enabled in IE for both machines.

Issue is that in Machine A: after executing PDF!, the invoice is downloaded in Temp Folder. Whereas for Machine B: the invoice does not get downloaded in Temp Folder.

Screenshot of Expected Behavior

Screenshot of - Different Behavior

Could you please shed some light on what might be the possible difference between the two.

Best Regards,

Rohit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether you need to apply couple of OSS notes as listed in 1552498

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for you response.

I have gone through the notes, however I feel that these would not be beneficial for me.

The reason is that I am able to use PDF! command for invoice and save the PDF in Temp folder in some machines. Its an issue with one of the machines, where the PDF! doesn't save the PDF automatically.

I tried an experiment where I changed the default app for .pdf extension to Chrome File. In that case, I am prompted to save the file. Similarly in other machines, where the default app for .pdf is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the pdf gets downloaded to temp folder automatically.

As I am able to get both positive and negative results on the same Invoice, I don't think this has to do with conversions.

Could you please let me know if there is any thing else that I may check to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,

Rohit