cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Monitoring in CPI (Want to know which iFlows produced how much traffic)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are currently checking on bandwidth consumption for an ERP --> CPI --> C4C integration (see also here https://answers.sap.com/questions/747911/limit-minify-idoc-data-that-is-transmitted-from-er.html)

I wonder if there's something like an performance monitoring like we have on PI / PO? Specifically I would like to know the traffic / bandwidth our iFlows are responsible for.

I know about the HTTP access log, but I think, while it seems to contain processing time and size, it is not quite complete. We have figures for 190 GB of traffic in a month but HTTP access log of one typical day only shows traffic of about 200 MB... Of course, we only did spot checking, so all our information is still quite vague.

Any insights would be great. Thanks

Cheers

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hello jens,

You could probably use the groovy to register the source and target data so that you would know how much data is being flowing in and out.

If you would want it to be more of automated where in you don't want to write the data on MPL you could make use of SAP Cloud Platform Integraion API to read the amount of data which is been consumed and supplied.

Regards

Akash

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. If I understand documentation correctly I would need to add an persistance step into all iFlows if I would like to use Message Store API. I think Monitoring API will not help, as it doesn't contain message size.

However, since that would mean the we'd need to modify standard integration content (also for your proposed groovy script) we would want to avoid going down that road if any possible.

Cheers

Jens

0 Kudos

ouch! then we wouldn't be able to do that i am afraid 😞