cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of creating a relationship between dimensions in SAP Analytics Cloud

jean_almeida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear members,

I hope you are all doing well. I would like to know if it is possible to create a relationship between dimensions, and if so, how can I achieve that? I will use an example to better illustrate my question.

Let's suppose I have two dimensions: 'item' and 'category'. The 'item' dimension has the fields 'item_id', 'description', and 'category_id', while the 'category' dimension has the fields 'category_id' and 'description'. The goal is to create a relationship between these two dimensions, using the 'category_id' field as the key to establish this connection.

I would like to know if SAP Analytics Cloud offers any features or functionalities to create this relationship between dimensions. If so, how can I configure this connection?

My main questions are as follows:

1. Does SAP Analytics Cloud support the creation of relationships between dimensions?
  2. How can I define a relationship between the 'item' dimension and the 'category' dimension using the 'category_id' field as the key?
  3. Are there any specific configurations that I need to make in SAP Analytics Cloud to ensure the effectiveness of these dimension relationships?

I would like to express my gratitude in advance to anyone who can share their experiences or knowledge on this subject. Any additional information or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Jean Almeida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sourabhpaul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do blending in the model you can use combine data. or if you want to do it in the story in that case you can use link dimension.

Regards,

Sourabh Paul

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jean.almeida

jean.almeidaYou can create and attribute in ITEM dimension called category and populate it with master data of category dimension against each item. This attribute can help you derive category information from items. But if you purpose it join 2 models then you need the common dimensions (used for join ) in both models.

Hope it helps !!

Nikhil

lARYS_CONSULTIN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

I believe you are looking for blending in SAP Analytics Cloud. There is more information here

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/03/26/blending-models-with-sap-analytics-cloud/

Regards

Afshin