Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of BI_CONT in ECC on Hana to SAC

balaji_vta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We gave project SAC to consultants. They are installing BI_CONT to ECC system which is on HANA. What is the purpose of BI_CONT here between ECC(Hana) and SAC? Do we really need it? Please advise.

Thank you,

Balaji P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

balaji_vta

balaji_vtaBI_CONT in ECC is generally a Add-on to enable BI features within ECC. Generally its done when there is no dedicated warehouse /SAP BW. If SAP BW exist then BI_CONT is available there. BI_CONT provides Data sources/Infoproviders/Queries as a starting point for BI reporting requirements. In context of SAC I can only assume the consultants want to see the fields and data structure for a particular process say FI GL etc.

Br.

Nikhil

balaji_vta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Anand for the response. We don't have SD module. We have FI, MM HR and PM modules. You mentioned FI-GL. Is this from SD related or separate FI module? do we have any impact on regular production?

Thank you,

Balaji P.

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

balaji_vta

I just gave example for FI module but BI_CONT also contains objects for other processes from SD/MMHR etc. Its not a separate Module but its a addon to enable BI features like reporting/warehousing within ECC in absence of dedicated SAP BW system. BI_CONT provides starting point in terms of BI related objects like data sources/ info providers/queries/transformations etc. ) to ease up and speed up things and also provides a glimpse of the data structure in terms of fields and data types etc.

I do not think it should affect regular production but you can check with the consultant as what is their intention behind installing BI_CONT.

Br.

Nikhil

Answers (0)