Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401: Unauthorized - S4 Hana credentials correct still Authentication Error

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There are around 10 interfaces with the same pattern Http--> S4Hana (Sync) and having same credentials and S4 Hana is having proxy which looks perfectly fine(as per abap team).

8 interfaces are working fine and I am getting proper response. But, for 2 interfaces I am getting 401 Unauthorized error. Not sure what is wrong, tried many hit and trial but still the same issue.

Error Details

Please suggest, what can be checked?

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hello Nidhi,
Cross check the below points in case if it is missed in your trail,
1) Integration flow is deployed and status is "Started" ( Hope no spaces or special characters while providing the credential name.

2) Please also share the error you are getting in CI logs. (As you are sharing Postman response), wanted to cross check the CI logs.

3) Do you see any logs in cloud connector? (in case if the request is processed in CI).
4) Any failure logs generated in the "Srtutil" T-code in S4H system?

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

1) Already crossed checked several times and enabled Traced and tried to get many logs.No luck.

2) The logs from CPI monitoring are having same as postman.

3) I dont have access to Cloud Connector logs.

4) SRTUTIL cannot see any logs, neither in sxmb_moni.

Apart from this, I tried deleting and creating again but everytime same error. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

0 Kudos

Actually, Cloud connector logs helps, since you are not able to access the logs request you to check with operations team on this,

However, does this user has all the required roles to access the S4H function module, proxy or the functionality?

Cross check with this user and password (deployed in CI) if you are able to log into S4H system.

I wish you all the success to resolve this case 🙂

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello nidhi.srivastava22.

How are you? I excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility" for this question, as Integration is a Topic related to Extensibility.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Tayane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Nidhi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Kind regards.

View Entire Topic
svenhuberti
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To add to this conversation, you could also check the authentication order for your service.

For instance, when doing "Discovery" in an API Proxy creation, the Integration Suite, APIM service wants to read the "CATALOGSERVICE" (ie. the metadata). If you have a wrong authentication order in your S/4HANA (like SPNEGO first), you will get an error.

The Transaction to use for defining the order of the authentication is SICF (System Internet Communication Framework).

Setting the CloudConnector (if used) to trace the payload helps to track these kind of issues in detail.