Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP RAP - Behavior Projection and Implementation Class

asm_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am building a sample app to learn RAP. I created a BO with two fields. This BO has @AccessControl.authorizationCheck: #CHECK annotation. This BO does not need any additional functionality hence after creating Behavior Definition, I thought I will skip creating behavior implemntation class and created service,

While testing the service, when I create a record, I get following error in the browser.

Runtime Error: 'RAISE_SHORTDUMP'. The OData request processing has been abnormally terminated. If you use SAP S/4HANA Cloud, please create an incident. Otherwise, if "Runtime Error" is not initial, launch ADT feed "Runtime Errors" or transaction ST22 / SM21 (system log analysis) for details and analysis.

In ADT, I can see following error(s)

Gateway error log - Backend Error: Metadata cache on hub system for current model is outdated

I also got another error, which I thought was not related to above.

The current program has intentionally triggered a termination with a short dump.

The dump analysis revealed "The exception is related to the previous exception "CX_RAP_HANDLER_NOT_IMPLEMENTED" that occurred in
program "CL_RAP_BHV_PROCESSOR==========CP", in line 30 of include "CL_RAP_BHV_PROCESSOR==========CM01G". The reason for this exception
was: Handler not implemented; Method: GLOBAL_AUTHORIZATION, Involved Entities: ZC_LV_CAT_9000"

While trying to figure out how to resolve cache issue, I decided to create the implementation class which would fix the error, The current program has intentionally triggered a termination with a short dump. however after creating the class, I did not write a single line of code and all the errors disappeared.

I am struggling to understand the relationship between the implemntation class and the other two errors. I'll appreciate any guidance in this context.

Regards

ASM

asm_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now I udnerstand whats going on. Thanks everyone for taking time to resolve my query.

Regards

ASM

View Entire Topic
DiegoValdivia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there's a confusion with the authorization terms. See next:

• @AccessControl.authorizationCheck: #CHECK is declared in the CDS. It indicates that authorization checks will be performed during runtime for data to be read from the database. You must create an Access Control, which will basically filter data read from the database based on user authorization
  • The Authorization you declare in the Behavior definition limits the permission to perform certain operations for a RAP BO. For example, you can check authorization to delete certain instances, depending on specific values.

I hope this helps.

asm_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for providing the explaination. I think I may not have explained my problem clearly.

My understanding is -

1. I have to use AccessControl annotation in CDS view and it means authorization checks will be performed during runtime for data to be read from the database.
  2. I will have to handle thiose checks in my behavior implementation class, I will have to use some code to perform those checks. I did not created the class and got error.
  3. However, I created an empty behavior implementation class, did not perform any checks and yet the error was fixed. What I don't understand is, what caused the error to go away.

Hope it is more clear now. Once again thanks for your help.

Regards

ASM

SachinArtani
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi @asm_sapdev, The AccessControl annotation in CDS view allow us to use that BO in access control data definition that we create. It is used for data level restriction. While, the authorization you see in Behavior Definition is to implement the authorization on UI level. So, if you don't want to create implementation class, don't use strict mode and remove authorization master (global/instance) from the BDEF.