Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Multiple Values From Parameter In Crystal 2016

avery00
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am trying to have a user be able to enter multiple bill numbers then access certain date within that bill.

So far I have the parameter with multiple values but when the user enters more than one bill, the report will crash. When entering just one bill the data will populate just fine. I am assuming this is an issue with the record selection. I have tried different formulas. The one I am currently using that just gives me one bill is

{BM_BillDetail.BillNo} in {?Bill Number}

I have tried making it into an array and that will allow me to get different bills based on which element I tell it show but I have not see how to get multiple elements to show.

{BM_BillDetail.BillNo} in split({?Bill Number}[1],",")

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Avery

View Entire Topic
DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does the report "crash" when you add Vendor name? Is there an error message? Your image of the Linking looks good. How have you configured the links? Did you right-click on any of them and make changes?

-Dell

avery00
Explorer
0 Kudos

With just one bill entered, it will display the vendor number just fine.

With two bills entered, it accesses the database in the lower left corner but then the program will freeze and give a not responding error and then close. This only happens when using any report field from the AP Vendor Table and then have more than one bill put in. If I just put in one bill, it will work with any report field.

avery00
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is my linking as well. I have played around with the different options a little bit but nothing seems to work.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been working in Crystal for about 25 years and the only things I've ever changed in the links are to make them outer joins when I need to. So, you want to make them all "Not Enforced", which is the default. If I need to do complex joins, I'll write a Command, which is a SQL Select statement to get all of the data for the report.

Also, what version of Crystal are you using? (go to Help >> About to get the full version number...) Also, what type of database are you connecting to? Please post the formula from the Select Expert - there can be things there that will cause data to be filtered in memory instead of on the server. Finally, go to File >> Report Options and make sure that "Use Indexes or Server for Speed" is turned on.

-Dell

avery00
Explorer
0 Kudos

The type of database we use is a ODBC and its name is SOTAMAS90 and it comes from Sage 100, we connect to the data base through their application / server so there could be something in there that could be having an effect on it.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look at the 32-bit ODBC connection for the database, does it tell you what type of database it's connecting to? Sage is an application, not a brand of database.

-Dell

avery00
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is this what you are referring to? Or should I be looking somewhere else. Thank you for all of your help with this by the way. Its been greatly appreciated!

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this point you'll probably have to contact Sage support for assistance. Everything looks good to me, but I'm not super familiar with Sage, just with Crystal, so there may be something specific to that software that is causing the problem.

-Dell