cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add users to IAS Groups via IPS

brianjpg
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using an IPS to read users from our corporate user directory (LDAP) and create or update them in our IAS as needed. The user creation is working fine and I've got the read from our LDAP source being filtered to only provide users which belong to specific groups. What I've been unable to do is have the IPS job add the users to specified groups in the IAS.

I'm only reading user attributes from LDAP as I don't want to create groups in the IAS only map users into groups already existing in the IAS.

For example. the users I'm reading from LDAP belong to group "ABC123", I'm mapping those users to a group in the IAS (e.g. TargetIASGroup), this is in the source system transformation:

{

"condition": "$.ldap.attribute.user.groups =~ /.*ABC123.*/",

"constant": "TargetIASGroup",

"targetPath": "$.groups[0].value"

},

Then in the target system transformation I map the group to the target field

{

"sourcePath": "$.groups",

"preserveArrayWithSingleElement": true,

"optional": true,

"targetPath": "$['urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User'].groups.[?(@.value)]"

}

User records are created, but not Group Assignment for the users.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Brian.

View Entire Topic
pmachado2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi lyubomir.lalev ,

Could you please help on a related issue?

I aim to group SF users by company (User/custom05) in IAS using the following transformation in IPS:

Source system:

"group": {
"mappings": [
{
"sourcePath": "$.custom05",
"optional": true,
"targetPath": "$.usergroup"
}
]
}

Target System:

"group": {
"mappings": [
{
"sourcePath": "$.custom05",
"targetPath": "$.custom05"
},
{
"condition": "$.custom05 == 'MP (100)'",
"constant": "MP (100)",
"targetPath": "$.custom05"
}
]
}

On the properties of source system I have included custom05 in sf.user.attributes and have also created the group "MP (100)" in IAS.

The responde from the job for all users (with or without custom05 in SF)
error=com.sap.security.iag.provisioning.mapping.exceptions.InvalidTransformationException: Transformed source entity id cannot be null,