cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form hide text field in flowed subform

Hi All,

I am relatively new to adobe forms and i am currently working on a production/ shop floor printed form, which display characteristics from a sales order. My problem appears to be a common issue asked by many on google, however having tried all the solutions suggested on the community i am still unable to fix the issue. I am using text fields allowing multiple lines in a flowed sub form. each text field is contained within an individual sub form. If a text field in not populated by the print program i would like to hide the text field and condense the blank space.

I have tried using javascript if(this.rawValue == null){ this.presence = "hidden";} on a number of events such as form:ready or initialized, i have tried also to use the formcalc equivalent, But this did not work either. I am not sure if i am just missing something obvious.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks

Chris

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Rebekka,

Yes you are correct i was trying to script on the master page, most of the content of my form is static and needs to be on the master page. However i have created a content are on the design page with three flowed sub forms. using if (this.rawValue == null){ this.presence = "hidden"; } on each text field i want to hide now hides as expected and the fields bunch together.

subform-example.png

Thank you for your reply

Regards

Chris