cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS unable to connect Win10 after 1803 update

Former Member

I am also unable to connect to the server on Win 10 machines after updating to 1803 Error 7077 from applications, 6420 from the Architect. Using Adv 12 32bit. Win 7 machines are okay. I have tried most of what I can find from Google. Any ideas please?

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your question. In order to keep this discussion focused on the original question, please create a new question thread. (Go to Actions > Create new question) This will increase the chances that more members see your question.

Please also do not cross-post questions in multiple threads or primary tags.

Regards,

Mike Loop - SAP Product Support

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Heads up on our experience here.

Server: Windows 10 (recently updated to 1803)

Client: Windows 7

Client was not working no matter what we tried (and we tried everything related to 1803 and networking issues).

Solution was to add the port(6262) to the connection string on the client.

Why would that have fixed it do you think?

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many firewalls and routers will not allow multicasts to pass, which is what discovery uses. It appears that Microsoft has, intentionally or otherwise, introduced a new layer that intercepts multicasts but allows direct connections through. When you specify the port in your string, you bypass the multicast.

If your connection is over TCP/IP, that could also be part of the puzzle. Multicast always uses UDP, which could be blocked, whereas TCP/IP may be open.

Mike Loop - SAP Product Support