cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytical application button click event error "Script Execution failed for events "

zeenat_17
Explorer

I had created several landing pages using SAC Analytical Application having Buttons and Data Actions on them.

We completed full budget cycle where we had use all these landing pages and it had been working successfully and for some reason the button click event doesn't work and throws the following error only since yesterday 6th Nov 2023.

Not sure if there were any updates pushed in SAC to cause this issue.

is anyone facing the same issue only recently.

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Version Dimension

Analytical App (Landing Page).

When the user selects the Version on the filter line , and click on any buttons marked with Red Cross, it passes the Version to the Stories it has to open along with the Date by reading the Start Week and End Week Property as a story filter. but instead these buttons is throwing the error .

Script execution failed for event "Btn_DXxxxx.onClick"

Correlation ID: 15001737-1332-4866-a070-817541167597

where as the one with Blue tick doesn't pass the Version and dates to the story it opens hence the story gets open successfully.

Up until friday 3rd Nov' 23 the Landing page was working fine but it suddenly stopped working.

Can anyone please help.

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

On debugging the script I noticed it started to throw this error.

View Entire Topic

Hi 2004439259, nikhil_1486,

The Planning model's getMember API only supports generic dimensions. Using it to fetch the Planning Version dimension is an unsupported feature, which is documented in the API document: https://help.sap.com/doc/958d4c11261f42e992e8d01a4c0dde25/release/en-US/index.html#PlanningModel_Mge...

However, considering the impact on some customers who have been using the API to get the Version dimension, SAP development is working on an urgent fix. Although it is still marked as unsupported, it should work as before.

There are two workarounds to avoid using this unsupported API. Both involve using a hidden table and calling the following API. Remember to turn on the unbooked members for the Version dimension in both cases.

1. Table.getDataSource.getMembers

If you don't need to read the properties of the version, this is the simplest way:

var versions = Table_1.getDataSource().getMembers("Version");
console.log(versions);

2. Table.getDataSource. getResultSet

If you need to read the properties, use this method. Reember to add properties to the table.

var rs = Table_1.getDataSource().getResultSet();
var versions = ArrayUtils.create(Type.string);
for (var i = 0; i < rs.length; i++ ) {
versions.push(rs[i]["Version"].id);
//get properties
//rs[i]["Version"]["properties"]
}
console.log(versions);

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Jason

cc: meganhoy

N1kh1l
Active Contributor

jason.yang

Thanks for the update. Aware of the documentation, We took the positive outcome of the getmembers() API of planning model as an improvement of SAC feature list like many other improvements. This API really helped in designing flexible handling of version dimension. Though the alternate method suggested by you do work and we used similar approach before but it requires a hidden table, hence the getmembers() API when worked got adopted. We really hope that SAP development actually fixes the getmember() API of the planning model after all its mostly used in planning use cases. Version is key dimension in planning and lot revolves around version itself.

jefbaey

Br.

Nikhil

JefB
Active Contributor

jason.yang Really appreciate the effort trying to get it back working on short term. Will be crossing fingers...

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please help me to know how should we read the Version Property say "Start Week" and "End Week" from the chart (not table) on the Analytical Application inbound to this Version dimension.

Version to be selected by the user on the Analytical Application (Filter Line) connected to the chart mentioned above.

Regards,

Zeenat S

0 Kudos

Hi 2004439259,

A chart cannot show the "properties of version members." In this case, a table widget should be used.

thanks,

Jason

Hi jefbaey,

If your tenant is on QRC 4 (version 2023.21), please note that the fix will be included in the next upgrade, which is scheduled for the upcoming weekend. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

thanks,

Jason

Hi nikhil_1486,

We certainly recognize the importance of this requirement for you. It's on our radar and we will continue to monitor it closely.

thanks,

Jason

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jason.yang

Thanks a lot. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Br

Nikhil

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Jason,

does that mean if our sac tenant version is on QRC 4 (version 2023.21), we do not need to worry about fixing the issue via the work around provided by you anymore. It will be taken care in the next upgrade which is on upcoming weekend?

This is the reply I got from SAP on my incident, please refer the Note highlighted in Yellow. Thanks

Regards,

Zeenat S

hi Jaison,

any comment on my above question please?

Regards,

Zeenat S

zeenat_17
Explorer

Jason,

We would really appreciate if SAP can continue to support API to get the Version dimension in particular. Thanks

Regards,

Zeenat S

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Also, the KBA provided on my incident says that we can have a Chart or a table to use this getMembers or GetResult Function but the sample code was only provided for Table.

Hi zeenat_17,

I have already requested an update to the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) to clarify that a table is required when retrieving properties.

thanks,

Jason

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am using the Analytical Application page which lets user select the Version and then derives the Date filter by reading the selected Version member properties and then pass it on to the the Stories that it will open on the button click.

I have added the Version dimension and its properties "Start Week" and the "End Week" on the table on Analytical Application page.

and also changed the code as explained, but I could noticed that now the Version dimension selection on the Analytical Application page is letting user to select more than one version dimension member (check box) which is not the right thing and can lead to issues.

we would want only single selection of Version dimension member to be selected. How can we manage/Control it?

Regards,

Zeenat S

0 Kudos

Hi zeenat_17,

I'm not entirely certain I've grasped your question completely. Could you possibly provide more detail? Are you referring to this particular setting?

thanks,

Jason

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. Yes, that's right

See below, the Analytical App has the table with the Version and its properties added in the rows

The version dimension in the table builder panel doesn't give me that option of a single selection or Multiple selection. Not sure if I am missing anything here.

Hence on my Analytical App page , it shows me the Checkbox now

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Analytical App page looks like this.

0 Kudos

Hi zeenat_17,

You are right. The table builder panel does not have this option.

thanks,

Jason

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jason,

Looking forward for your advice on how to tackle this.

With the options and settings that were available before we never had this issue.

And we surely do not want user to select more than one version. Thanks

Regards,

Zeenat S

0 Kudos

Hi zeenat_17,

Sorry, I probably still misunderstand your question. As far as I know, the table builder panel has never had the option to select single or multiple members. Are you referring to a feature that used to work but is not functioning now?

It might be better if you could submit a ticket to SAP if you think it is a bug. In this ticket, you could share more details about your scenario.

thanks,

Jason

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

sorry Jason, if i wasn’t clear enough.. i meant my analytical applications were working as expected by having a chart in the Analytical app and with the help of planning modeler’s get member API up until 3rd novemebrt i.e. where it was possible to make the version dimension available and only single version selection was possible.

but now with the recent rollout get member api and also using charts could not be used as you explained in your previous reply.

And now , replacing the chart with table we now have this multi version selection issue.

Hence, i am looking forward for your suggestion/advice on how to deal with the work around you provided so far.

Regards,

Zeenat S

0 Kudos

Hi zeenat_17,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. It has helped me understand the issue better. However, I'm still unclear about how the versions from the planning model were integrated with the chart.

From what I've gathered, previously the versions were acquired from the planning model, but now they are being retrieved from a hidden table. Apart from the source of the versions, everything else seems to remain unchanged.

I would suggest that you continue this conversation with SAP support, if you've already opened a ticket. Sharing screenshots and recordings of your workflow can make it easier for them to understand your process and consequently, provide a more targeted solution.

thanks,

Jason

zeenat_17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for your suggestion, I have shared the step by step details about my Analytical Application page to SAP and updated the ticket.

Regards,

Zeenat S