cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Api call on page load and set the values

Girish_KR
Explorer
0 Kudos

After scanning a QR code, the QR code details are fetched using an api. Then the details need to be displayed on the screen. How should I proceed

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate a bit more on your flow / page layout?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

girish.kumar123

Were you able to resolve your issue? If so, could you post an answer so others might benefit from your findings and then close this discussion?

Regards,
Jitendra (SAP Community Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Girish_KR
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have managed the above scenario by using two screens, on one I am able to displaying the QR code details and after clicking on this a new screen will open and from there the navigations work.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is the screen flow above the desired flow or is it the flow you used to get it working?

Girish_KR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The flow is as follow:
  • Scan a QR Code. The QR has values like ID.
  • With the help of QR code ID, ODATA read operation has to be performed to get the details related with the specific QR code ID.
  • QR code details are then displayed on the UI.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It really depends on how you want this to flow. I assume you are using the MDK Open Barcode Scanner action to read the QR code. You can trigger that from where ever you want in your application. You could just as easily put a Scan QR code button on your Product Details page to scan and after scan update the Product Name / ID on the page. It all depends on how you want to have your application flow.