Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS too costly

Tomza
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a really great idea for an app for the SAP Store, but even though there is a free instance of NetWeaver on HANA to try it out, the cost involved in running this instance (that are charged by AWS) are too great.

Does anybody know how those costs can be reduced to sane fees?

Regards,

Tom

View Entire Topic
adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

The only thing that could help in this case is to keep your solution "suspended" while your are not using it. This could help you reduce your AWS costs to a large extent.

People often forget to implement this simple cost-saving measure and since their solutions are running all the time in AWS, their billing counter keeps ticking. You could either use scheduling options within CAL or do this yourself manually.

Lemme know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Tomza
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Actually, I DO use the "suspending" option and also have billing alerts. but this only amplifies my claiming - as even with these tools it seems to me that the costs involved in maintaining a working instance of SAP (for development) are very high.

Also. I've noticed that the AWS billing counter keeps ticking even in suspended state(!), although at much slower rate.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

the ticking in suspended state is for storage ie snapshots. the more space your application occupies the more expensive is it to keep it in the cloud and not on your own hardware.

suspension is only for active 'driving', but not for 'parking and insurance' fees.

former_member196674
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://aws.amazon.com/ebs/pricing/

Usually CAL instances come with EBS devices