Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode scanner in FIORI Client 1.13.0

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with sap.ndc.BarcodeScannerButton control.

The control works fine when opening from a scanner device using Chrome. On opening of the control, the scanner can be used.

The issue occurs, when I try to use the same application in the same scanner device but using FIORI Client (v1.13.0). On clicking on the button, I get the error: "the Android camera encountered a problem."

Clicking on the ok button only triggers the fallback action.

Has anyone faced a similar issue, and if so, could you give me some pointers on how to handle such that the application works both on Chrome and FIORI Client.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Rohit

View Entire Topic
WouterLemaire
Active Contributor

Not sure why you have this error but you could consider using a JavaScript library for the qr scanner instead of a plugin in the fiori client: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/07/ui5-qr-scanner/

This will work in browser and fiori client.

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Wouter for your response. Will definitely try this out.

Before going for this solution, I would like to check if there is someway the issue can be rectified in FIORI client itself.

The reason for this is, that other apps (Extension apps) are also using ndc Barcode Scanner, however my app is custom built so is not referencing any out of the box SAP apps. The Barcode scanner for these apps runs fine on both Fiori Client and in Chrome browser however that is not the case with mine.

I wanted to check if there is any configuration step that I might have missed which allows for the Barcode scanning app in FLP hosted on FIORI client to work.

Would love any ideas you have on this part!!

Thanks for your help.