cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAS new Fiori Application Template - Approuter Configuration

Jeff
Explorer

Hello,

I was using the newer Fiori Application Template (freestyle project) for the first time in Business Application Studio since the previous Fiori generator template is marked as deprecated now.

There are some nice new features, like being able to autogenerate the cross navigation properties, etc...

One thing I noticed is that the previous template options of choosing standalone approuter vs managed approuter are no longer in this template and the xs-security.json file and mta.yaml entries aren't added.

I was able to add this setup by using the MTA module from template, but that failed to deploy to CF because it missed some properties in the MTA.yaml for the destination service.

It was not terribly difficult to fix those issues and deploy, but just curious on why the template removed those options on the initial project creation and if there is any plan to add that to the new template?

Thanks,

Jeff Renshaw

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi jeff.renshaw ,

Can you add the "SAP Fiori tools" tag to your question?

This will allow our colleagues to pick it up.

Regards - Raz

Jeff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

It is done.

Thanks,

jeff

View Entire Topic
ullas_hollapk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

These options are available under the "Deployment Configuration" section in the Template Wizard.

Here's the documentation for these options: https://help.sap.com/viewer/17d50220bcd848aa854c9c182d65b699/Latest/en-US/1b7a3be8d99c45aead90528ef4...

Deployment configuration can be added after the project is generated using the following command at a terminal:

npx fiori add deploy-config

Does this help?

Cheers,

Ullas

Jeff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ullas,

Thanks for the reply. This is good to know about the CLI option. I will try that next time to see if it works better after project generation than the MTA generator command in BAS which left some things missing in the mta.yaml.

I did try to go through the deployment configuration when I created this project, thinking these options would be there. But the only option I see is for a destination. There is nothing for standalone approuter setup or managed like in the deprecated template. For me it was a time saver to use the managed app router option in the template for project creation to generate the xs-security and the correct mta.yaml setup right from project creation.

Here is what I see in deployment configuration with the new template:

And here is what I am referring to from the now deprecated template:

Thanks,

Jeff