cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for maintaining a Process ID in Signavio Process Explorer?

anna_henke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a best practice on how to maintain a unique identifier for processes managed within SAP Signavio. By this I don't mean the internal ID, but an identifier that serves as a "memorable" ID. I understand that we can maintain an ID value manually in an attribute, but I have not been able to configure such field to ensure that the value is indeed unique and immutable.

I believe that the name of a process must be unique within a workspace, but to reference a process from e.g. outside of Signavio I want to something else than the name, as it may change in the the course of its lifetime.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

Thank you,

Anna

View Entire Topic
DanielLerch
Explorer
0 Kudos

We do it a little bit different 🙂

We defined the hirachie corresponding to the departemnt which is in charge of the process. After that it is followed by a flowing number which exist only once in combination with the letters before.

example:

Process Describtion - Department 1 - Group A - Team B - 23

PD-D1-GA-TB-23

Process Describtion - Department 2 - Group B - Team A - 23

PD-D2-GB-TA-23

If we have to add a process between process 22 and process 23 and the last number at this Team is 121 than the new process ist process 122.

with this ID all user can search for every process corresponding to a team they know. Otherwise they search in our Landscape.

Let me know what you think about this.

anna_henke
Explorer
0 Kudos

daniellerch - gotcha. This solution also relies on a manual process to create unique IDs, but I guess this is just something that we currently have to deal with. Your solution is smart in regards to that you can already see from the ID itself where the process is located at. We are currently heading for a solution that combines the approaches here in the forum.