Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Formula Calculation

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a BEx report in which I have two key figures, "Actual" and "Planned" showing data based on each calendar month.

User do production budgeting exercise every quarter to plan the production. We just completed the first quarter (Jan to Mar) so that if the Actual production in Jan to Mar is different than what they had planned then we copy the Actual numbers into Planned Production using the formula but the remaining months (April to Dec) for planned production remains the same. See below.

I have applied the following formula (If Then Else statement) to copy Actual production into Planned.

Here is the screenshot of the BEx formula

The problem I am having is with the Totals.

Actual Production Totals for the whole years is showing 322 unis which is correct but the Planned production total should be 1918 units but it is also showing 322 because the formula I used is applied on the entire row not the cell specific that is why I am getting Actual production's total equals to Planned production as well whereas I want Planned production totals to be 1918.

How do I modify the above formula I wrote to accommodate this requirement so that it only copy the numbers based on each Month but not the totals and the totals for planned production should be 1918 not 322.

Thank You.

View Entire Topic
former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change properties of that key figure set as calculate results as total or summation.

Thanks