cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind SAP ABAP with HANA Cloud

LucaFalavigna
Participant

Hello!

Is it possible to bind SAP BTP ABAP with HANA Cloud database? I'm currently using the trial account, which I think has limitations, but I'm wasn't able to find any reference to it.

View Entire Topic
FrankJentsch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

SAP BTP ABAP Environment comes with an own SAP HANA Cloud instance. It is not possible to install/configure SAP BTP ABAP Environment on top of an existing, custom SAP HANA Cloud instance. Reason: SAP BTP ABAP Environment is operated by SAP and as the ABAP runtime also relies on an existing database connection (not only for custom-data), the database needs to be exclusively managed by SAP BTP ABAP Environment.

Added: This explanation is valid for all flavors of the SAP BTP ABAP Environment: Trial and non-trial.

LucaFalavigna
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details Frank. I guess this is valid for the standard service as well, and not just for the trial version?

0 Kudos

Can this environment connect to say another HANA Cloud Database? where data is stored and have the ABAP programs point to there (understand the HANA Cloud Runtime DB) ..... customer wants to move both its abap programs and hana on premise database to the Cloud

FrankJentsch
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

A native HANA database integration from Steampunk to another HANA database is currently not supported (outbound scenario). Using the SQL Service, the inbound scenario supports reading data from the Steampunk-managed HANA database. You can find all supported protocols like HTTP and RFC here.