Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Session timeout issue

former_member272418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I have installed a new BO 4.2 SP05 Patch 02 system.

The below screen shows the architecture of this system:

I set the "session timeout" parameter, on both Tomcats, to 60 minutes.

Then I updated the system to SP08 Patch 02.

After that update, I noticed that the "session timeout" parameter was put back to 20 on both Tomcats. I set it to 60 again but, now I get a strange error.

The test I did is: I log on to the CMC from two different browser sessions, the first passing thru the network load balancer (it's an F5), the second by connecting directly to one of the two Tomcats, without going through the balancer.

If I leave the sessions in idle, without touching anything, after about 13 minutes, in the browser window directly connected to Tomcat, everything is ok and I can navigate the CMC without any problem; in the browser window passing thru the balancer, instead, I get, alternatively, depending on the CMC icon I click, the following three errors:

What do you think about ?

I can't be sure if this problem existed even before the update to SP08, but I only realized it afterwards.

Can I assume that the problem is caused by the network balancer or could it be due to some setting on the Tomcats?

Please help me ! Thank you all very much.

View Entire Topic
former_member272418
Participant
0 Kudos

PROBLEM SOVED !!!

Hi guys… I found where the problem lay!

When the update from SP05 to SP08 run, it deleted the configuration files:

“(…)\tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom\PlatformServices.properties”

on both Tomcats.

This is very strange because, as far as I know, the configuration files in the "custom" folders should not be touched.

However, it was enough to recreate again this files (SAP Note 1770007) on both Tomcats and the problem never occurred.

Thank you all for your help guys !