Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ Storage type and Transport request issue

Vignesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project I have two clients(010, 100) for Development system.

In 010 client: only Development can be done, no customizings.

In 100 client: only customizing can be done, no code changes or developments.

Issue 1: Currently I'm working on BRF+ and I can work on BRF+ in 010 client only. While creating BRF+ application, I chose Storage Type = Customizing but while saving, the Transport is shown as Workbench request only. Usually when customizing storage type is chosen- Customizing TR will be listed out.

Even changing Storage type = System also shows Workbench TR only(which is correct as usual).

Issue 2: I further proceeded with saving in Workbench TR. I have written the BRF+ function call in 010 client(because programming can be done in 010 client only). While testing in 100 client, this BRF+ function created where not saved in DB tables and leads to short dump because of no entry corresponding to my function ID in client 100.

Confused now!!! Creation of BRF+ in 100 client will fix these 2 issues?

Much appreciated for quicker responses.

Thanks,

Vignesh.

View Entire Topic
christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

the following procedure should work:

• All BRFplus tasks that should be done client-dependent (storage type = customizing) should be done in your customizing client i. e. client 100. The artifacts are stored in client-dependent C-tables and are recorded in customizing requests
  • The call of the BRFplus function should be implemented in the client 010 as you implement a repository object. This should be recorded in a workbench request

Calling the function via an application in client 100 should invoke the BRFplus function you designed a customizing object in the corresponding client. What is a bit puzzling is the issue 1 that you describe - probably the restriction of the client for dev only (no customizing tasks allowed) may restrict the selection of the transport requests. However, that looks odd and seems like a bug.

Best regards,

Christian