cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Graph using HTMLB Extension's Chart element

David-Broughton
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are on EP 6.0 SP2 with WAS 6.2. I wrote a simple BSP to chart some values using the HTMLB extension's Chart element. It works great and is easy to use. However, I can not figure out how to make the values appear for each bar in the bar chart. In other words, there are axis values that show 500, 600, et cetera. But, I want the value (e.g., 512) to show on the bar on the chart. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David Broughton

Oak Ridge National Lab

View Entire Topic
David-Broughton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the many responses. My original problem was getting values to appear for each bar in a bar graph (i.e., over the bar or on a mouse-over).

During our process of working on this BSP application, our charts stopped appearing altogether. We verified that the sample programs also no longer produced graphs. It turns out that IGS 6.4 patch 2 was installed by our basis team. During IGS install, the Basis folks (doing a “custom installation”) took the “GFW Chart” default. However OSS Note 653249 indicates to uncheck “CFW Chart” and check “MIS Chart” for our version of BW 3.0B. I think this actually has something to do with the DLL that is loaded behind the scenes. In any case, the Basis team reinstalled IGS with “MIS Chart” and all of our charts started appearing again (i.e., we were back where we started).

Vik replied that we should set ‘displayObjectValues’ to True. However, we had already done that and the object values were not still displaying. Michael’s response suggested configuring GFW_ITS_RFC_DEST (in addition to IGS_RFC_DEST). We had already configured it. But in our BSP we were pointing to PH_IGS_RFC_DEST with this command: CL_GFW=>ITS_RFC_DEST = 'PH_IGS_RFC_DEST'. After changing the literal to GFW_ITS_RFC_DEST, the numbers in the bar chart started appearing! Doing this also fixed the problem that Janice mentioned regarding European decimal notation.

The respondent identified as “Person Bueno” raised the question on how to fill the “data” table. As for getting the mouse-over to display something (other than a blank), it turns out that the EXTENSION field in GRAPH_DATA_LINE table could be set to display a URL. Clicking the graph also takes us to the URL displayed.

GRAPH_DATA_LINE-EXTENSION =

'href="http://www.sap.com" alt = "SAP AG"'.

We are currently trying to figure out how to get values other than URL’s to display here.

In a separate , Brian indicated that the Basis SP level should be at least 41 to get rid of many (e.g., table view) bugs we were experiencing at SP 36. We are currently installing SP’s up to 42.

-

Message was edited by: Brian McKellar

Excellent summary!