cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Process Automation - Handle Timeout of SAPUI5 Screen

dvalasek
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, I am fairly new to BPA and I am stuck on a problem I encountered.

I am automating a SAPUI5 Application, and I have multiple "Wait Ready(SAPUI5 Screen)" in my project for when the application is fetching backend data. The problem is that I need to handle a Timeout scenario. I have an "Or Error" node where I need to execute series of other steps when the timeout happens. However I am getting this message when I try to execute another automation from the Error node : "An asynchronous activity in a custom script may have failed. Add an await operator before each SDK activity call. Error: Wait Ready " Timeout error: Waiting for screen(s) xxx to appear (30 s)". Message mentions Custom script even though I did not use any and the On Error automation never executes. Could you please help ?

View Entire Topic
dvalasek
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I forgot to add a picture as I am not sure I explained correctly. In this scenario for example, "Wait Ready" throws a Timeout error, that I catch in the "catch clause", and try to run a different automation as a result. The second automation only has 1 log message activity in it (no custom scripts at all). Sometimes it executes (like in this case), and sometimes it doesnt. If there are any more steps, They do not get executed at all. At all times though I get an error message regarding asynchronous activity as per the screenshot. I really couldnt find anywhere how to handle this. Please assist if you can

Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-17 130228.png