cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Mobile XI3.1 client application not connecting

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have installed Business Objects mobile and configured it according to the standard installation guide for Business Objects Mobile XI3.1.

We installed the mobile client application on a Nokia phone which is supported. However, we had a certificate error during the installation, but fixed it by changing the date on the telephone, Apparently, the client application included a certificate which expired in august 2009!

We can type in the connection information in the client application, but when we try to log on the mobile server, we get this error:

u201CError

Network not available (0xF7)

(0x04)u201D

By checking the ports on our mobile server, we can also see that the client application never tries to connect to the mobile server. It seems as if the client application does not make a connecting to the internet, even though the nokia phone asks if Business Objects Mobile is allowed to make a connection to the internet (we say YES of course).

We don't know if we are missing a setting on the mobile phone or if the client application is simply not working. We know that the phone can access the Internet because we donwloaded the client application using the MobileOTA on our Tomcat web server (our Tomcat is located on the same server as the Mobile server).

Have any of you had similar problems?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Morten

View Entire Topic
Chrispri
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

I have the similar issue with BI Mobile XI 3.1 SP2. I get the same exact errors.

I have opened the necessary ports, but maybe still something missing in the configuration.

I am testing with Sun Java emulator.

But I have another question. Have you been able successfully install the client on a Nokia (symbian) phone.

I could get installed, but under applications its not there. If I look at the installed apps I can see it in the list.

But missing the icon?

Keep posted if you find a resolution.

Thanks,

Edited by: Chris Pritchard on Jan 14, 2010 11:11 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with the Sun Java Emulator.

We installed the client application on a Nokia e51 and e71, and we could only install it only after setting the date back to before August 2009, since there is an error in the certificate (it is expired!). Then it showed up in the list of application on the mobile.

I have been in contact with SAP and they have told me that there is an know issue with Business Objects Mobile when using Symbian based devices. I was told that the issue will be solved in the next fixpack (2.4) which will be released next week.

So I expect that after upgrading our systems to fixpack 2.4 the issue will be solved. Hope this helps!

I will keep you posted when we get this working, hopefully next week:-)

Morten

0 Kudos

Just a small update...

Talked with SAP today and the fix for Symbian-based devices will not be provided before fixPack 2.5 which is to be released in the end of February. So until then we have to wait.

Morten

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i start the VAS server it starts good, but when i start the VMS server, the VAS server shows some errors

what do you think guys?

0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

So the VMS starts without any problems?

Can you tell us which errors you get?

Regards,

Morten

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i start the VMS the VAS gives me this

16:37:35 VMP_SYS         <WARN   > Server initialization complete
16:38:28 ConnectionTable <ERROR  > exception is java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
16:38:30 GMS             <WARN   > failed to collect all ACKs (2) for view [192.
168.198.128:11788|1] [192.168.198.128:11788, 192.168.198.128:11789] after 2000ms
, missing ACKs from [192.168.198.128:11789] (received=[192.168.198.128:11788]),
local_addr=192.168.198.128:11788

and also after this the VMS gives me this

16:38:31 FD_SOCK         <ERROR  > received null cache; retrying
16:38:33 VMP_SYS         <WARN   > Server initialization complete

any idear?

thanks

Amr

0 Kudos

These errors don't make much sense to me..

Have you changed the server.config files for the VAS and VMS. Have you also changed the cluster.config file?

Changes made to these files will affect how the VAS and VMS start. If these files are not configured correctly, you will not be able to start these two servers.

Morten