Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW/4 Open Hub destination with SDA

SudhanshuSurma
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We recently upgraded our BW/4 2.0 SP01 to SP07, which resulted in a drastic decrease in the performance of our data export/fetch to MS-SSDW via OHD with Connection Type DBCON.

As per SAP, due to technical reasons, an OHD with Connection Type DBCON only allows an ABAP run-time for the transformations. Hence, we are exploring switching over to OHD with Connection Type SDA, which we read supports HANA run-time for transformations.

However, when switching over the OHD to SDA, we are not prompted for any connections to use (this would be our target MS-SSDW).

With DBCON it worked well and we could see a list of available connections, probably because the connections here are defined not in HANA but in SAP.

Would anyone have some tips, or similar experiences to share? Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Sudhanshu

View Entire Topic
DotEiserman
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Sudhanshu,

Here is the help.sap.com guidance on the topic:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/107a6e8a38b74ede94c833ca3b7b6f51/2021.00/en-US/9e2441bee89e4c7ebb445db6f...

Please confirm the prerequisite setup and conditions as per the below screenshot to use the SDA connection:

Thanks

Dot

SudhanshuSurma
Participant

Thanks Dot. I think we sure did refer to help.SAP.com back in March (for BW/4 2.0 SP07 we were on) but somehow that didn't quite help. This topic came up long back so not sure if eventually SAP helped us with some correction to the DBCON (e.g. external fields setting), which then restored our OHD performance, and we continued using DBCON.

DotEiserman
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks for replying Sudanshu, perhaps the documentation wasn't as clear back then, it often happens. I answered now as I just want to clean up some of those old Q&A so that if people have a similar question to yours at least they get an answer in the right direction. 🙂 Glad the performance of OHD was sorted out.