Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW4 - no longer process "reorg masterdata" in process chain workbench

former_member231709
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, all!

I was surprised when I didn't find a process to reorganize master data in BW4 1.0? It's no longer in process chain administration, why? And now we must to write your own program for this (I mean FM RSDMD_REORG_P_Q_T_TABLE)?!

View Entire Topic
MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor

Hi,

I just checked "Simplification List for SAP BW/4HANA 2.0" on page 55 it says:

MDREORG - Reorganize Attributes and Texts for Master DataRemovalProcess type is obsolete and will be automatically deleted and removed from the process chain

Moreover there is an SAP Note "2753882 - Master data organization: Use in BW4" saying that "time-dependent data is carried out automatically here".. In case you still need to do it you can you process chains's process type 'Execute ABAP Program' to call FM RSDMD_REORG_P_Q_T_TABLE.

cheers

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, the process is obsolete but the automatic reorganization does not always work. Talk about simplification !

In the case of unfavorable load process modeling, for example if data that is time-independent in the source system is saved in a time-dependent manner in the BW master data, and if a new interval is always generated for consecutive load processes even though no time-dependent data changes, the automatic reorganization does not work, since the immediately preceding time slice is not read from the DB.