Explorer
0 Kudos

how to display button values

View Entire Topic
merituulimelkko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi! Not sure if this is what you were asking, but text that is displayed on a button is determined by the label property, which you can set in the right side bar when the button is selected. If this didn't answer your question, please explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do and what you have already done.

jyothigogada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi! In the build apps that iam design the calculator app, i have taken o to 9 number buttons and operation buttons. one input box is taken and bound with buttons, when the button is clicked, the number is displayed only once in the inputbox.

merituulimelkko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So if I understand correctly, you are only getting the first number into the input? Or just one number at a time? Not sure about what you have set up, but you should have a page variable bound to the input's value and then a set page variable with some formula to do a calculation operation on top of the page variable's value. What sort of formula are you using for the number buttons for example?

jyothigogada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, for example when i click two times on 7 button, only display in input box one time. I given the button formula "NUMBER(pageVars.num7)".

merituulimelkko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alright, so that formula would only set the most recent number into the page variable. You would want to append it to the existing content, so the formula should be something like `pageVars.theVariableYouUseToDisplayWhatYouWantDisplayed + "7"`.

jyothigogada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi merituulimelkko thank you.

but this formula show the value only like "77", but i want all the times as many times as clicked. Please solve this problem. thank you so much.

merituulimelkko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I will need more information to be able to help you further, because the formula I provided you works when I tested it. Here's a working example, e.g. first button sets page variable `result` with formula `pageVars.result + "1"` and the input field displays `pageVars.result`.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

merituulimelkko Nice calculator!!

jyothigogada Can you explain exactly what you are looking for?

jyothigogada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi merituulimelkko

Thank you so much now working same you like. I want know one more doubt what is back space formula and equal to formula in calculator app.

Thank you

jyothigogada
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is formula of fabonacci series.