Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call BTP service from On-Premise system

tomas_rysavy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

my task in our team is to explore what BTP can offer for our DMEEX SAP GS app.

I went trough few tutorials on developers.sap.com and I managed to create working ODATA service on BPT.

Now I am facing that we need to call the BTP service from our On-Premise system.

I managed to find out how Cloud Connector works and I successfully installed it on my computer. But the Cloud Connector needs an IP address for connection with specific On-Premise instance. Is it possible to connect it somehow with our app on ER9 to call the BTP for testing and then released to customers with working connection?

Basically we need to call BTP service from ABAP code which is released in On-Premise app and/or in cloud app.

Thanks for any info or redirection to relevant sources.

Tom
GS CI FIN CZ2

View Entire Topic
MortenWittrock
Active Contributor

Hi Tomas

You don't need Cloud Connector to call a service exposed on BTP from on-premise. In fact, you can't use it in that scenario. Instead, you call the service directly over the Internet (over HTTPS, of course).

So you'd store the connectivity information in an SM59 destination, and use that in your ABAP code. There's probably plenty of examples of calling an OData service from ABAP to be found here on the SAP Community site.

Regards,

Morten

YI00427
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Morten,

we have the same problem Tomas Rysavy we created the SM59 destination, and use these in our ABAP code. That works fine with basic authentification, but we can't figure out, how we can establish a token based authentification, so that we can use a certificate instead of username and passwort.

best regards

Martin Hofmann