cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can A Batch File be Triggered from a Watchlist?

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have an alerting and notification system external to Business Objects that is used at our company.

I would like to have the Watch Lists in our Business Objects environments to some how communicate to this system to trigger notifications and alerts there.

If I can trigger a batch file (ultimately a PowerShell script), the batch file would be able to facilitate the triggering of an alert in our external system.

It appears that the Watch Lists by default can only have a Configured Action of running a probe.

I don't know of any way to create a probe to run a batch file. There are probes for running Web Intelligence Documents or Crystal Reports but not a Program Object.

Has anyone attempted something similiar?

We are currently on BI 4.3sp2.

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you configure your watch list to send an email to a dedicated mailbox and then have a PowerShell script check that mailbox periodically and trigger the alerts you want in your external alerting and notification system?

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Watchlists are already configured to send an email to a group mailbox. Our manager is wanting us to move away from using the email mailbox. While we might be able to do this, I don't think it will meet our manager's expectations. Thanks for the idea though.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)