cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a flexible workflow be used as a subworkflow?

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

After all, a flexible workflow is a workflow, so there is no reason to be not used as a subworkflow. Maybe I can see the log with the Fiori app "Flexible Workflow administration" but the transaction SWIA can show me the log.

There are several standard WFs that are related to preliminary document (parked), transaction FB60:

WS10000051 is the upper workflow.

WS10000052 is a one level release workflow

WS10000053 is a two levels release workflow.

WS10000054 is a three levels release workflow.

But, I wonder if it's posibble to create a copy of WS10000051 and instead of determine the subworkflow and call it, just call a custom flexible workflow scenario.

Regards

View Entire Topic
Carlos_Idiaquez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again Juan,

In order to achieve your requierement, you need to do several things.

Create 2 custom workflows.

Custom Workflow 1

This Workflow template is your big picture and it will contain all the calls of the others workflows (Standard and custom).

Custom Workflow 2

This can be any custom workflow you create that will be call in your Custom Workflow 1.

Once you define all you standard WF and custom WF, you need to define a trigger event for your Big Picture Custom Workflow.

This is done in the BASIC DATA (HAT ICON). In your case you need to choose the BKPF Business Object Repository.

Each time you create a document, it will trigger the wokflow.

Once you define your trigger, it is time to create the structure of your workflow. This means your Big Picture Workflow will call other Workflows.

When you add an Activity Task, the parameter that is ask for, is a TASK ACTIVITY. However, you can use the Workflow ID. This will transform the activity into a workflow call.

After you call the standard WF, you can add an activity to call your custom WF, using the id of your custom WF as a TASK.

I hope this answer your requirement, please dont forget to point.

Best Regards,

Carlos Idiaquez.

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Sorry, but I don't need a review of basic workflow topics.

I only want to change these 2 steps

and replace them by a single step a custom FLEXIBLE workflow scenario, I'm going to loose the Fiori log, but I still have SWA1.

I just asking if someone has tried this solution before.

Regards

Juan Carlos Delgado

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Please proceed with your interaction with other members with more courteous as alerts have been raised by other members deeming your interaction is plague with sarcasm.

This is a learning environment and members are coming from all different level of learning/contribution so let's be mindful as we are learning together in the Community.

Regards,

Alex