cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I achieve YTD calculation in Analysis for Office excel addin for SAC?

azm_azm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the scenario:

I want to achieve YTD calculation in Analysis for Office excel addin by pulling model from SAC. I was able to achieve YTD calculation using restricted measures in SAC story but can I do the same calculation in Excel using Analysis for Office Addin?

Anyone who has faced this kind of similar issues or knows the workaround in this csae, their comments would be deeply appreciated.

View Entire Topic
N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

azm_azm

I haven't tried it on a SAC Source but AFO does offer some calculation option. May be you can explore with SAC model as source.

Also you could create a calculated measure in SAC to give YTD numbers and then just report that measure in AFO.

Example below of YTD for measure [AMOUNT]

ITERATE(IF([d/Date].[p/MONTHDESC]="Jan" ,0 , PRIOR () ) + [AMOUNT], [AMOUNT], [d/Date].[p/CALMONTH])

Hope this helps !!

Nikhil

kocomandi
Explorer
0 Kudos
AO is extremely not efficient when connected to SAC Planning.
kocomandi
Explorer
0 Kudos
AO is extremely not efficient when connected to SAC Planning. I have a scenario where I put two years on data in one Data Source. However, when I try to retreive totals it adds up all the months of the years. Basically I wanted to do March YTD for 2024 and March YTD for 2023. I have both years in the DS and showed totals for the date dimension. The formula is picking up 6 months for both 2023 and 2024. Very dissapointing.