cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't we use MOVE-CORRESPONDING ITAB TO ITAB in the function?

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

I want to transfer the internal table in the code to the function table using move-corresponding, but this is not allowed.I made many tryings. Where am I making a mistake?

Scenario 1 : 

yalcin_mete_0-1716290725948.png

yalcin_mete_1-1716290738211.png

yalcin_mete_2-1716290778439.png

Scenario 2 :

yalcin_mete_3-1716291049194.png

yalcin_mete_4-1716291227225.png

yalcin_mete_5-1716291240080.png

Thanks

View Entire Topic
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You are using the obsolete TABLES in the function module to declare ET_RESULT, so ET_RESULT alone is considered as being the obsolete header table (error prone).

Instead, use:

MOVE-CORRESPONDING gt_temp TO et_result[].

But prefer using ABAP Objects instead of function module, or prefer using EXPORTING over TABLES. 

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you @Sandra_Rossi.

Since using the TABLE tab in the function module is an old method, we had to use [ ].
What are the ABAP objects you mentioned as the new method? Inside the function "DATA ITAB TYPE TABLE OF XXX." Are you talking about? Because when I use this method I don't have to use "[ ]".

When you said "...or prefer using EXPORTING over TABLES.", did you mean to mention the EXPORT tab in the function module you wanted to talk about?

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos
If returning the "table result" with the help of a function is an old method, how can we do this in another way? I think it is very useful 🙂
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ABAP Objects is the "marketing name" of object-oriented ABAP (classes, interfaces, etc.) Create a class pool and method instead of function module. Yes, you are using TABLES in your function module, don't use it, it's obsolete, it declares an obsolete header line too.