cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a list of all logged in user in SAP BTP Neo environment?

ajaygupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

One of my customers has a requirement from their Audit department. They would like to see a report of all users who have logged into the Cloud Portal Site running on BTP.

1. So is this possible from SAP BTP Neo environment? I noticed, in CF under the Security menu, we have a sub menu called Users, which gives information regarding last logon.
  2. If yes then, what data of the user are available? (eg : email, ipaddress, device type,etc)
View Entire Topic
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi jaygupta,

As far as I know it (and I'm not with the BTP product team), there are no standard means to determine which users are currently logged on to BTP other than by inspecting entries on an application's log service - which is not permanent information as logs are rotated.

If you need to capture user's login information and store it for later use (on let's say an SAC report), then you could implement it onto your application. Whenever your app runs through its init() method (which means the user has successfully logged on to BTP), you would log the user's information onto a database for later usage.

BTW: BTP doesn't "store" user's information other then a "shadow" user id for caching purposes (it gets created after the 1st login). Once SAML protocol completes, all user's information is stored onto the SAML token as well as the JWT (which is read by the AppRouter's User Service). Important to keep in mind that such tokens are transient and live on the browser's session - meaning they will be valid as long as the user has a valid session. Once the session expires BTP will no longer accept incoming requests and thus the user's information is erased from memory.

Best regards,
Ivan