cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we move TRs when we have did a major upgrade(DMO or SPS) only in DEV not QAS and Production?

Mithran
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Thanks in advance,

When we perform any upgrades like SPS upgrade or any DMO upgrade how can we move the TRs if we have different versions across one landscape.
For example:
DEV - upgraded to latest SPS or EHP upgrade
QAS & PRD - Upgrade Pending

During the above time if any request comes for creating a change and User can create the same in Dev and move the same TR to QAS and PRD?

if it can be moved - do we select ignore version and proceed?
will there be any impact?
if there will be no impact how does it work since version upgraded or higher one example EHP upgrades or s/4 hana

if TR can be created and moved it should be workbench or customizing request?

Thanks & Regards,
Mithran

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It depends what the Transport Requests contain and if you transport to an oldest or newest version... A newest version usually supports things from older versions ("ascending compatibility" is very frequent). You have some SAP notes which explain the ABAP compatibility. Non-ABAP is another story. Please tell us how exactly your versions are different.
Mithran
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra_Rossi,
Mithran
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra_Rossi, Thank you for the response.
Mithran
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sandra_Rossi, Thank you for the response. Version difference i would say DEV system is running with s/4 hana and qas and PRD are in EHP 8 NW7.5. what would be the case in this scenario? Adding further what if i do a DMO?
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you go from DEV S/4HANA to QAS ECC 6, I'd say that you shouldn't do that. During the migration of all your systems, you'll probably have to freeze your modifications/transports on ECC 6 as far as possible, each change will have to be studied precisely. I'd recommend that you set up a 4th system for S/4HANA quality check. The current ECC 6 QAS could be used in case of emergency to fix the issues in PRD.

NB: I'm not expert at all in this domain, I let experts advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)