cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we receive EMAIL NOTIFICATION SAP Cloud ALM Data is outdated.

kafar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team, 

coming with another problem statement for CLOUD ALM "Data is outdated"

Is there a way CLOUD ALM can trigger email to recipients/admins that "Data is outdated. last data received 3 days ago" and then someone can take a look to identify is it server down or background user has permission issues?

Any information / update  is very much appreciated?

kafar_0-1712250427952.png

View Entire Topic
john_p_grimes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which SAP Cloud ALM app is showing that message? Is it Health Monitoring?

Information about the data collection activities is a kind of "meta" metric. This means that it is not monitored from the system level, but the SAP Cloud ALM level. 

The SAP Cloud ALM Health Monitoring app "overview" page should have a tile specifically for the SAP Cloud ALM tenant itself. If you drill down into the tile, you'll find it has metric "Data Collection Status". Clicking on that metric will give you a display of all services/systems connected to SAP Cloud ALM and that should have some kind of Health Monitoring data collection associated with them. 

john_p_grimes_0-1712301357905.png

The event "Health Monitoring: Data collection failed" can be configured to send e-mails when the Health Monitoring data collection status fails for any service/system that is expected to have data collected for it. As far as I can tell, this only applies to Health Monitoring and none of the other Operations apps offer similar monitoring/e-mail events associated with Data Collection.

kafar
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you john_p_grimes, My apologies for not making it clear, Yes this is related to Health Monitoring.
kafar
Explorer
0 Kudos

UPDATE: I got the where the Event is its CLOUD ALM Event and i am looking under System Events. Thank you for your help

kafar_0-1712327586589.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Health monitoring Events.png

I was able to see the Data metrics for my Pre Prod and Production systems But when they shut down there is no Data and i want to see any notiication come my way that Data is not being collected, I tried find the Event "Data Collection Failed" But not able to see in the options. Can you please guide how I can view that event so i can mark it for notifcation for next time when i Cloud ALM don't receive data from System(s)