cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to download server to get the options.

Hi Experts,

I tried to use this command in Virtual Box "HXEDownloadManager_linux.bin linuxx86_64 vm sdi.tgz"

And got this error: "Cannot connect to download server to get the options. check you internet connection or specify proxy server with --ph and --pp options".

I checked the connection via "ping -c 3 google.com" is it ok.

Also, I tried to use NAT settings in my Virtual Machine but it didn't help.

Could you please help me, with how to connect to the download server?

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

In my experience, that usually indicates some sort of proxy issue. Try seeing if the HANA Express Download Manager works for you and download the sdi.tgz file that way.

Regards, Mike Paola

0 Kudos

Hi, Mike thank you for your reply,

I downloaded sdi.tgz through HXEDownloadManager_win.exe. But I didn't find information on how to install this file. I found a lot of videos where people install other .tgz packages in https://hxehost:39030/ (webide).

Could you please provide a guide on how to install sdi.tgz?

gawa
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem. I am using my personal laptop with no proxy. I have enlisted the IP address in the host file as described by the document, but still when I try to download the SDI i get thesame error message, that connection to download server is impossible. Can anyone help? Is there a work around?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

adamyorkcode

I got the same issue - I spotted a typo in my command which was causing it. I think the original post also has a typo - linux86_64 should have been linuxx86_64.

gawa
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am having simlar problems and still can't find any solutions or workarounds. Could anyone be of help please?

CharlesFeng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi nikitamez,

Have you went through online guide "Getting Started with SAP HANA 2.0, express edition (Virtual Machine Method)" (see below)?
If not yet, I would suggest you take a look at it, because it contains much details about the installation process.
https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HANA,_EXPRESS_EDITION/8c3bbc4a904d42efac77c09da0bccf64/ac55db031b204bb...

Best regards,
Charles

araz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Charles,

I have the same issue and unfortunately your suggestion don't give the right answer.

The SAP help docs is a copy of installation guide: "Getting Started with SAP HANA 2.0, express edition (Virtual Machine Method)" that does not provide any troubleshooting guidance regarding this issue.

Regards,

Andrew