Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Upload HTML5 Apps: File Storage Exception

bmcdonn2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone in the community has recently had issues uploading HTML5 content due to file storage issues? The region I'm currently working on is the SAP BTP CF EU10 region and I'm finding that it is currently not possible to upload HTML5 content to an HTML5 Application Repository service instance in any context. This includes the Generic Application Content Deployer Method as well as a simple cf html5-push.

I initially encountered this issue when trying to upload our HTML5 apps via MTA where the error took the following form:

Error uploading content module "ui" in service "html5-dt": org.cloudfoundry.multiapps.controller.persistence.services.FileStorageException: com.sap.cloud.lm.sl.xs2.content.client.ContentDeployerException: Operation 'Upload File' to the URL 'https://html5-apps-repo-dt.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/v2/files/upload' failed. Remote server responded with HTTP status code 500, error message: 'Upload application content failed { CODE: '1001' } validation error: Error while parsing request; Error: ENOSPC: no space left on device, open 'tempFolder/FBU...w9.zip'', error type 'Bad Request'

The expected storage consumption is about 15M of the 100M limit so this error was unexpected.

Next, I tried to push a single HTML5 app (size ~75K) to a fresh HTML5 app repository via cf html5-push and received the same type of error:

Could not upload applications to app-host-id 'db3...c49d' : no space left on device, open 'tempFolder/-CzK..._-h.zip'

One curious thing related to this issue is that there was a note covering this specific issue the same day as I first experienced the problem: 3364779 - Error while parsing request; Error: ENOSPC: no space left on device: HTML5 Application Rep.... The advice within the note seems to indicate it is an issue on the user side of things which is also strange because we have not had any significant changes in the sizing of our applications in the past few days. Similarly, the advice doesn't cover the situation where a lack of storage space still occurs uploading a very small app to a fresh instance via cf html5-push.

I've filed a case about this problem but wanted to reach out to the community as well. I'll provide updates here when I receive an update from SAP.

View Entire Topic
bmcdonn2
Participant
0 Kudos

This was indeed an issue on the SAP side of things due to an issue with a file system that they control. If SAP provides any other information on the root cause or steps to prevent this issue in the future I'll provide an update here.