cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS View: OLAP effort too large; add filter or remove drill down characteristic

0 Kudos

Hi All,

While executing my CDS view through Fiori launch pad (query browser) or AFO. Query is taking time and after sometime, I am getting message "OLAP effort too large; add filter or remove drill down characteristic"

Please suggest possible cause as my CDS query is straight forward, it executes perfectly in eclipse not sure why it is causing this issue in fiori launchpad and AFO. Request your inputs/ suggestions.

Thanks In Advance!

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor

Hi V Badhan,

Please have a look at note 2572550. The below are the suggestions as per note 2572550

1. Check the query design, is it necesssary to fetch such a big data volume in OLAP engine. Trry to add more filters or remove drill down characteristics to reduce the data size.

2. Change the query property 'OLAP Effort' to make the limit set here align with the query data volume.

3. For a CDS query, use this annotation in the CDS query view (defined with annotation @Analytics.query: true) to change the OLAP effort:

@Analytics.settings.maxProcessingEffort: LOW; MEDIUM; HIGH; UNLIMITED;

The data volume for each setting is roughly as below:

• low: 1000
  • medium: 100000
  • high: 1000000

Regards,

Mukhtar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member660513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i suggest reading the note 2572550, it contains some useful explanations. It also describes the CDS annotation for the OLAP effort setup.

Basically the amount of data requested from the OLAP engine is too high and the query should be further restricted either by filters or by reducing the number of characteristics on the axes.

Regards,

Georgi

0 Kudos

Thanks Mukhtar and Georgi for your inputs.

Answers (0)