cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS View with annotation performance issue (Parameters / Filter annotations)

Nicolas_Boucaud
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about CDS View. I created an OVP (Fiori Elements) using CDS View with annotation and everything's working fine except that I'm facing performance issue.

I'm using CDS View "stacking" (CDS view calling the previous one) and because of a huge volume of data, the application is really slow to load. I assumed I had to filter the first CDS to reduce this volume.

Here is my screen :

Presently I am using filter annotation in the last CDS called (ZCDS_OVP_TBP_ALL_ANNO) :

//Join operations here//

then

Now I would like to filter the very first CDS (ZCDS_REV_YEAR) using "Company Code" parameter (bukrs) that the user enters in the input. This way I could reduce significantly the amount of data in my final CDS thus its performance.

How can I accomplish that ? I tried adding "@Consumption.filter" in the first CDS View (ZCDS_REV_YEAR)but it does not change anything.

Thanks for your help !

View Entire Topic
abhi1185
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Yes Actually @consumption.filter needs to be applied on field present in Selection. I have some Date criteria which needs to be passed to WHERE condition and records falling under those dates needs to be fetched again. I have start date and end date, also there is a hierarchy of CDS, so I need to propagate this parameter down to basic CDS views.