cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Data Capture in SAP Datasphere for Remote Tables directly from S/4 tables

amlan_dhow
Explorer
0 Kudos

I understand that its is possible to implement "Change Data Capture" for Remote Tables (and Replication flows) with cdc enabled CDS views. But this involves the creation/ update of separate CDS views which adds additional cost in the project.

Is there any way we can implement change data capture for Remote Tables and Replication flows directly from S/4 tables? If not what is the design philosophy of SAP behind it adding an additional layer of CDS view increasing complexity, effort and cost both for development & maintainance? Also if there is any plan of implementing CDC directly from S/4 tables in near future (I do not see anything though in roadmap)?

View Entire Topic
thorebedey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

from roadmap perspective i am not sure wether delta loasdings will be possible on tables directly without any enhancements. I would guess not. CDS-Views is the clear direction of data extraction from S4.

What you can do is configure an SLT. That will enable you to replicate data from tables directly with a delta via the replication flow.

BR,

Thore

amlan_dhow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks thorebedey for your response. Regarding the use of SLT, we understand that additional license cost would be involved here which may not be acceptable for all organizations. It would be very kind of you if you please confirm, in case you are aware of, whether SLT license would be delivered along with Datasphere with no additional cost.

thorebedey
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi amlan.dhow ,

an SLT license is not delivered along with Datasphere.

BR,

Thore